As much as possible we like to have the most complete digital picture possible for our customers so we can give the best support and service experience. While many of these things aren't essential, making sure you at least have a copy of them is good practice in your company.
The benefits of sharing this information with us are;
- Lower cost - When we have everything, we are not having to constantly request access or asking for things you might need to request from others
- Faster remediation - Less requesting means faster problem solving.
- Opportunity identification - knowing what software you are running can allow us to give you advice on how to bring down the bills you pay or provide a better level of support.
Where all of this really matters though is in a crisis situation. The ability to have all your critical information at our fingertips allows us to quickly define the problem so we can start remediating without waiting on you to respond.
Sending us Secrets (Passwords etc)
We recommend the following approaches;
- Copy and Paste encrypted email into support ticket or email
- Call us and tell us over the phone your password(s).
- Send us a password protected excel document. Tell us the password using one of the above methods.
- Fill out your details in the Customer Registration form
- Once your account is provisioned, hit forgot password on the login screen.
We may need to contact Vendors and partners on your behalf to solve issues.
- Your primary contact (who should we talk to)
- Telecommunications Provider (Telstra etc)
- Line of Business software contacts
- Web hosting / Email hosting providers
- Break-fix IT company
- Other people relevant to your business technology
Depending on your requirements, you may need to send out a letter of agency to these suppliers so we can contact them directly.
- Network Documentation
- Business Continuity Documentation (including Self Assessments)
- Lists of users and devices
- IT roadmaps and plans
- Other business documentation that includes technology.
- Local Admin accounts / Domain admin accounts
- Router/Modem/switch details and logins
- Firewall details and logins
- Config files
- Server details and logins
- NAS details and logins
- Printers etc
- Telephone system details
- Wifi details
- Anything else hardware or network related
Software details make sure we can add new devices pre-installed with everything you need.
- Installed business software
- Backup software details
- Software Maintenance Agreements
- Licence keys
- Portal Logins
- Also see delegated admin in Office 365
Website / Domain
These details are usually with a web developer or IT company. We need these details for email migrations, website troubleshooting and other website and email related issues.
- Domain Login
- DNS Login
- cPanel/Plex Login
- Website (Wordpress etc) Login
We may use marketing logins in the event of a cyber attack.
- Google Webmaster Tools / Google Analytics etc.
- Google Plus
- Google Adwords Accounts
- Facebook Ad Accounts
- Social Media Accounts
- Social Media Management Tools
- Other Marketing Tools