First, open the Excel document that you want to secure with a password.
- Click File, Info, and hit Protect Workbook underneath Info.
- click Encrypt with Password.
Excel will then ask you to type in a password. Write this down, Excel uses military grade encryption so if you lose the password, you lose the document.
Microsoft Excel will ask you to type it in your password each time you want to open a protected doc.
- All Office 2016 Documents can be encrypted using the same process
- This only protects one document at at time. Each Excel document you want to protect with a password must be done so on an individual basis
- You can check on whether or not a document is protected in the Info tab.
- Do not lose this password, we cannot recover it for you, no one can.