*IMPORTANT* you must have a compatible device for this to be available. We can provide this functionality with an accessory, so please contact us if you can't make it work.
Set up facial recognition
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and locate Windows Hello.
- Select the infrared IR camera option.
- A “Welcome to Windows Hello” box will pop up. Press the “Get Started” button.
- Set up a PIN code if prompted to do so. If you already have one, this step will be skipped.
- Scan your face by following the on-screen instructions. For best results, hold your face six-to-eight inches away from the front of your Surface.
- Select “Finish” to complete scanning or choose “Improve Recognition” to continue scanning.