- Reduce costs
- Increase productivity
- Link IT solutions and services to business objectives and outcomes
- Proactive awareness of technology trends likely to impact the business
- Proactive risk management
- IT project planning and management
- Support and direction through the IT Planning and budgeting process
- Primary contact of all technology vendors. Vendor management to ensure service levels are being met and projects are moving forward.
vCIO is the perfect option for businesses who cannot justify a $120k+ salary for CIO, but can still benefit from the increased productivity, reduced costs and managed risk that a CIO brings to the table.
An independent vCIO avoids conflicts of interests as their remuneration is not directly linked to projects and services they are recommending. Their role drives them to go in to bat for the client to ensure they are getting the best deal possible on their IT procurement needs.
vCIOs take a lead role in identifying cost-saving opportunities and finding ways to improve productivity in the workplace. They will present at board meetings when required, and provide strategic advice based on industry trends and organisational goals.
vCIOs turn data into information to allow senior management to spend more time making important business decisions and less time trying to align every piece of the tech puzzle to a larger strategic outcome.